Colloidal Silver Kit Instructions

Colloidal Silver Kit: 350ml jar, lid with holes for silver rods, silver rods, battery terminal with clips and battery. The picture below shows the three rod diameters (1 mm, 2 mm and 3 mm). Only one pair of rods comes with each kit. The 1 mm rods are the cheapest but don’t last as long.

Figure 1. Basic colloidal silver kit.

Step 1: Add Pureau Water or Demineralised Water to the jar (approx. 300 ml). Insert the two silver rods through the lid. Attach the lid to the jar.


Figure 2. Lid with silver rods inserted.

Step 2: Connect the battery clips to the rods (see Fig. 3). Make sure the rods aren’t touching each other and the ends are about 1 cm from the bottom of the jar (i.e., not touching the bottom of the jar).


Figure 3. Battery clips connected to silver rods. It doesn’t matter which rod is connect to which wire.

Step 3: Connect the battery to the battery terminal (see Fig. 4). Ensure that the battery is clear of both rods and neither of the rods are touching each other.

Figure 4. Left: All connected, up and running. Pureau Water box in the background 4L & 10 L boxes available at Coles and Woolworths in Australia. Middle: Side on view of battery along with battery terminal and leads. Right: Top view of battery and battery terminal. The battery terminal clips on to the battery.

Step 4: Set a timer for between 30 minutes to two hours depending on how strong you want the solution. Timers are found on most mobile phones. I use the “Clock” app and timer on my iphone. It’s a good habit to get into rather than forgetting you have it connected and making it too strong. Generally, I would start with a weaker solution of around 5-7 ppm using Pureau Water (i.e., 90-120 minutes). This strength has been very effective for my applications. Also stronger is not necessarily better, particularly if it’s being ingested.

Step 5: Reverse steps 3 to 1 once finished.

Timing, Water Quality and Colloidal Silver Solution Strength

Below are the recordings by PPM (Parts Per Million) with a correction factor of .7 using Pureau Water and 3 mm diameter 99.99% silver rods. The first recording was taken before the battery was connected. The next two recordings were taken at 30 minutes and 60 minutes, respectively (see below). Previous tests I’ve conducted suggest that between 90 and 120 minutes using the kit will produce a silver solution of between 7 and 10 ppm. The diameter of the silver rods doesn’t seem to make a difference with respect to the time needed.

Figure 5. Readings for Pureau Water (i.e., ppm & temperature) at 0, 30, and 60 minutes.

My experience suggests having the water at room temperatures produces a more efficient and effective product. It suggests that stable water temperatures produce smaller particulates and faster ionisation (i.e., Ag+). This solution is generally suggested to be more potent for inhibiting bacteria and viruses etc.  Note the instrument used for the recordings was an HM Digital COM-100.

The other interesting comparitive test I did was with tap water. As you can see below the initial ppm reading for tap water was 213 ppm versus only 2.4 ppm for Pureau Water! Tap water increased by 4 ppm over 30 minutes (see Fig. 6).

Figure 6. Readings for Tap Water (i.e., ppm & temperature) at 0 and 30 minutes.

The two pictures below show the electrolysis process. The first is after only a few minutes with bubbles clearly evident on the cathode (-ve) rod. The second picture on the right shows considerable sediment from the bonding of the silver ions to the other elements in the tap water.

Figure 7. The photo on the left is taken after a couple of minutes with tap water. The rod on the left is connected to the positive red wire and therefore is the anode. Typically, the anode silver rod will darken and need cleaning with a fine steel wool or scorer pad after making several batches. It’s also the rod that the clouds of particulates will originate from. The silver rod connected to the black wire (i.e., cathode) is on the right-hand side of the jar. Bubbles are already forming on it. In the right-hand photo you can see the build up of particulates in the bottom of the jar. This is after only 30 minutes.

Below is a comparison of the Pureau Water solution on the left and tap water on the right, after 30 minutes.

Figure 8. This photo compares the Pureau Water solution on the left and tap water on the right, after 60 minutes. Clearly, the number of particulates is much greater for tap water while the electrical conductivity would be greater in the Pureau Water.

The Pureau water solution is more ionised due to the lack of bonding with other particles relative to the tap water solution. Hence, the Pureau water solution has a far greater potential for inhibiting bacteria and viral processes. The silver ions are more bio-active than the bonded particulates resulting from the more prevalent foreign particles in tap water. Of course, to the lay person the tap water solutions looks to be more active due to the clouding process emanating from the silver rods and evident visually. However, it’s the ionising of the silver elements that is important and more bio-active, yet, it is evident by the lack of clouding!

The basic flow of the current goes from the cathode (-ve connected silver rod) to the anode (positive connected silver rod). This process produces silver ions (i.e., a silver atom less one electron which creates a positive charge, Ag+). If you are unsure whether current is going through your rods then using tap water would clearly indicate this as shown above. However, you should use the best quality water you can obtain with the lowest initial PPM. Clearly, in the above comparison Pureau water would be the first choice. I have noticed a big difference too between using rainwater on the coast and inland. I suspect salt in the air on the coast greatly increases the ppm count. As a general approach to using colloidal silver, there is scientific research that indicates there are benefits for its application for sanitisation, healing wounds, ulcers, and as a deodorant. To name just a few applications. Basically, the research shows that many microbial, bacterial and viral processes are inhibited by silver solutions. Personally, I have used it for colds and the flu too. I continue to use my own silver solutions, but in terms of ingesting it, I treat it like a Disprin for a headache. That is, I only use it when it’s required. The only negative cases I have heard of so far have resulted from people consuming ridiculous amounts at very high strengths (+ 100 PPM) over a sustained period of time.